Sony Alpha A5000 and Why it is the Best Camera for People Who Love to Travel



I believe that we are all born as natural storytellers. Some are excellent in conveying their stories through words either spoken by mouth or written by pen. But there are storytellers who creatively express their stories visually. That is through photographs taken in an instant or curated.

For a travel blogger like me, the best way to tell my stories is to show my readers the photos I took for them to have a visual idea of how the place look like and how my experience unfold in that particular trip. Because I believe that aside from narratives, stunning images will help move others to inspire other people, to understand their surroundings and to appreciate culture and ideas that we barely pay attention to.



Every year, I always look forward to see the winning images of the  SONY World Photography Awards where photographers around the world showcase their best photo of different subjects and inspirations. At the same time, I always look forward to join the competition and share my part so the world will be able to see what my eyes can see through my shots. However, I only have a simple camera with a very limited functions and feature which are not enough to produce a shot that would make others notice my work.

My first encounter with a SONY camera was way back 2012. I was assigned to take photos in our company event. It was SONY SLT Alpha A55. I was really amazed of how crisp the shot is even without post processing as long as you use the right settings. From then on, I would always prefer to use that camera. However, when the mirrorless camera suddenly made a buzz in the market, I got pretty interested too. Because of its size and how convenient it would be to bring it with me all the time because it is not too bulky.



When SONY released it first mirrorless camera, I always aim to have one. Unfortunately, buying one is out of my budget for now. Good thing Yugatech will gave everyone a fair chance to have a Sony Alpha A5000.

Sony Alpha A5000 ( Image Source: http://www.sony.com.ph)


Here's why I think Sony Alpha A5000 is the best camera for the  people who love to travel like me.

1. 20.1 MP Exmor - DH APS Sensor. Because of this technology, it can produce a high resolution and DSLR-quality images. It is perfect especially if I want to blow up my pictures for future printing.



2. Light and easy to carry. The camera weighs approximately 385 grams including the lens and battery. Goodbye bulky and heavy camera!



3. BIONZ X Image processing. Who doesn't want an even realistic photo!? We all want a photo with a truer color rendering, better noise reduction and faster burst mode shooting esp if you want to shoot moving subjects.



4. Power Zoom Lens. If we would like to shoot far subject and we cant afford to buy a zoom lens, do not worry because it has a zoom lever on the body of the camera that allows effortless one-handed operation. It is also perfect when you need to adjust before taking self-portraits.




5. Full HD 1080/60i/24p or 1080/30p MP4 movies. Videoblogging is also the trend nowadays. I am actually starting my own by creating short video clips of my trips so I can also share a motion picture rather than just a "static" photo. It records a stunning high quality Full HD video in either 60i or 24p frames per second. It also records in our choice of 60i/24p Blu-Ray quality AVCHD format, or in PC-friendly 1080/30p MP4 format. According to a review, this is a perfect vlogging camera.



6. Up to 420 shots of battery life. I always hate it when my camera runs out of battery very fast. Good thing this camera can shoot up to 420 shots in a single charge with Sony lithium ion Stamina battery power. Sony's InfoLITHIUM battery system enables you to see the percent of power remaining, so I can keep shooting in confidence.



7. The tiltable 3-inch LCD screen flips up 180° to make shooting self-portraits a snap. The textured grip and rubber thumb rest is also an advantage so I can comfortably hold the camera for a longer period of time. This is again perfect for vlogging or selfies.



8. The clean button layout in the camera. I don't want to confuse myself in navigating the functions of the camera. Who wants to be overwhelmed when what you only want is to take interesting photos or videos?



9. Hand-held Twilight (Scene Selection). Create beautiful hand-held evening shots with minimal blur and noise by activating this advanced Scene Selection mode.


10. Camera Menu. This is one of the tricky part of every camera. There are so many features and customizeable settings. But just in case you are having a hard time understanding what the particular function is, you can just press the Question Mark button lower right of the camera. YES! That's a great HELP!



11. Sweep Panorama. Just sweep the camera when shooting to capture spectacular panoramic landscapes that can be enjoyed on the LCD screen or a wide-screen TV.



12. Nine Scene Selection is heaven. Why would you make it difficult if you can select a ready-made scene to enhance your subject. That's one of my technique guys of some famous photographers I know. Why "manual" if you can just do it set in quickly with Scene Selection? Just select Portrait, Sports Action, and Macro etc.



13. Low light situations are not a problem. Built-in pop-up flash in a compact camera body is perfect when an extra burst of light is needed to get the shot. Combine with high ISO sensitivity—from 100 to 16000 ISO—to enable shooting in just about any setting.



14. Quick Sharing of Photos. Being a social savvy person, I always want to upload my images quickly to update my social networking channels and I can do this via Direct Upload App or transfer it in my NFC-enabled smartphones or tablet. Quick right!?

Photos are not just visual output of one's camera but its is the product of one's perspective of how great and wonderful this world is.

To learn more about the exciting features of SONY Alpha A5000, you may visit this link.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Copyright

No photograph and text may be reproduced, copied, stored, manipulated or used in whole or in part of a derivative work, without any prior written request to and approval from the owner.